Synalar, commonly known by the trade name Synalar simple, is a medication that is used in the treatment of various skin problems. It is available in several forms, including cream and solution. Prominent among them is Synalar-cream-simple-fluocino, which is a cream containing the active ingredient fluocinolone acetonide. Let's take a closer look at what Synalar in its various forms is used for.
Synalar simple is a topical anti-inflammatory agent that is often used to treat various skin conditions such as eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, and acne. It is available in cream form, which makes it easy to apply to the affected skin areas.
Synalar cream is also a topical anti-inflammatory, but it contains additional ingredients that can improve skin moisturization and protection. It is also effective in treating a wide range of skin conditions, especially dry and irritated skin.
The dosage of Synalar creama may vary depending on the type and severity of the skin problem, as well as individual patient characteristics. It is important to follow your doctor's recommendations or the directions for use provided by the manufacturer. Here are general dosage recommendations for Synalar cream for a variety of skin problems:
- Eczema and dermatitis: For the treatment of eczema and various types of dermatitis, it is generally recommended to apply a thin layer of cream to the affected skin once or twice a day. The dosage may be increased or decreased depending on the severity of symptoms and response to treatment.
- Psoriasis: For psoriasis, Synalar simple cream is usually applied twice daily to clean and dry skin. It is important to avoid applying the cream to open wounds or mucous membranes. Thicker psoriatic plaques may require a more generous application of the cream.
- Blackheads and acne: In the treatment of blackheads and acne, the cream is applied to the affected areas of the skin once or twice a day after cleansing the skin. The dosage may be reduced if dryness or irritation of the skin is observed.
- Seborrheic dermatitis: For the treatment of seborrheic dermatitis, the cream is applied to the affected areas of the skin once or twice a day. It is important to avoid getting the cream on the scalp if it is applied to the face.
- Allergic reactions and itching: For severe itching or allergic reactions caused by insect bites or contact with irritants, the cream may be applied to the affected areas of the skin up to four times a day until symptoms subside.
Synalar solution is used to treat skin conditions such as seborrheic dermatitis and contact dermatitis. The solution is easily applied to the skin with an applicator, making it convenient to use.
The dosage of Synalar solution may vary depending on the type of skin disease and its severity. This medication is a powerful topical anti-inflammatory, so it is important to use it with caution and follow your doctor's recommendations or the instructions provided by the manufacturer. Here are general dosing recommendations for Synalar solution for a variety of problems:
- Seborrheic dermatitis: To treat seborrheic dermatitis, Synalar solution is usually applied to the affected areas of the skin once or twice a day. It is recommended to apply it after spotless the skin and allowing it to dry before applying the solution.
- Contact dermatitis: In contact dermatitis, the solution is used as needed on areas with severe itching and inflammation. It is usually applied to the affected areas of the skin once or twice a day until symptoms are reduced.
- Atopic dermatitis: For the treatment of atopic dermatitis, Synalar may be applied once or twice daily to the affected areas of the skin. An applicator or cotton pads may be used for broader skin coverage.
- Rashes and skin allergies: For skin allergies or rashes caused by irritants, Synalar solution is applied to the affected areas of the skin once or twice daily until symptoms are relieved.
- Blackheads and acne: Although Synalar solution is not a typical treatment for blackheads and acne, in some cases, a doctor may recommend it to reduce inflammation and itching. For this purpose, it can be applied to the affected areas of the skin once or twice a day.
Synalar cream price may vary depending on the country and pharmacy outlet. However, usually the price of Synalar simple creama is justified by its effectiveness and fast action.
Synalar cream application - Before applying Synalar cream, the affected areas of the skin should be spotless and dried. Then the cream is applied in a thin layer to the affected area and gently rubbed in until it is completely absorbed. The frequency of application and duration of treatment are determined by a doctor, depending on the type and severity of the disease.
Contraindications to use
- Allergic reaction: People with known allergies to the active component of the drug - fluocinolone acetonide, or to any other components of the cream, should not use Synalar simple.
- Skin infections: The use of Synalar cream is not recommended in the presence of viral, bacterial or fungal infections of the skin, as this may lead to an exacerbation of the infection.
- Open wounds or ulcers: You should not apply the cream to open wounds, cracks or ulcers on the skin, as this may cause irritation and increase the risk of infection.
- Children under 2 years of age, pregnant and lactating: A doctor should be consulted before using Synalar cream.
- Skin irritation: In some cases, the use of Synalar Simple may cause skin irritation, redness, burning or itching at the application site.
- Skin atrophy: Prolonged and excessive use of the cream may cause skin atrophy - thinning and loss of skin elasticity.
- Perioral dermatitis: Some patients may develop perioral dermatitis - inflammation of the skin around the mouth or eyes—when the cream is used in these areas.
- Hyperpigmentation: Prolonged use of the product may cause discoloration of the skin where it is applied.
- Dry and flaky skin: Some patients may experience dry and flaky skin after using the cream.
Interactions between Synalar cream and other medicines
- Corticosteroid drugs: When several corticosteroid drugs, such as other topical creams or systemic medications in tablet form, are used at the same time, there may be an increased risk of side effects such as dry skin, irritation, and a reduction of the skin's natural protective barrier.
- Antifungal agents: Use of antifungal creams or ointments with Synalar cream may alter its absorption and effectiveness. More frequent application of the cream or a change in dosage may be needed.
- Acne medications: Co-administration of Synalar with other acne medications, such as benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid, may increase dryness and irritation of the skin.
- Psoriasis medications: Various topical and systemic medications may be used in the treatment of psoriasis. Their combination with Synalar cream requires careful monitoring of the skin condition and possible side effects.
- Cosmetic products: The use of cosmetic products such as creams, lotions or make-up together with Synalar cream may reduce its effectiveness or increase the risk of allergic reactions.
Time of effectiveness
Synalar cream, containing the active ingredient fluocinolone acetonide, usually begins to show its effectiveness within a few days of application. However, the exact time after which maximum efficacy is achieved may vary depending on the type of skin disease, its severity, individual patient characteristics and response to treatment.
Given the mechanism of action of fluocinolone acetonide, which is a corticosteroid, its full therapeutic effect can be expected to build up as treatment continues. This drug works by reducing inflammation, redness, itching, and swelling, which is usually seen within a few days.
As for the half-life of Synalar creama, it can vary depending on a variety of factors, including the method of application, the area of the skin where the cream is applied, individual physiological characteristics, etc. Usually, the half-life of Synalar cream is about 2–3 hours, which means that in about this time, half of the active ingredient will be eliminated from the body.
Synalar-cream-simple-fluocino is an effective treatment for various skin problems. However, before using it, you should consult your doctor to determine the optimal dosage and application regimen, as well as to take into account the individual characteristics of the patient.